On 2011 Aug 17, at 16:30, Mike Abdullah wrote:

> Seeing as you knew it called an asynchronous method internally, you must have
> known that it might potentially return before saving is finished.

Thank you, Mike.  I'm not surprised to see the new behavior after enabling
asynchronous saving.  The surprise is the new behavior *without* enabling
synchronous saving (it should still be "synchronous"), and the fact that it is
now it behaves completely different from what is shown in the documentation,
and there is no mention of this change in the Release Notes.