On 8/21/11 7:02:09 PM, Andreas Mayer wrote:
Am 19.08.2011 um 21:36 schrieb Leo:
Actually, I finally realized what the real issue is: Apple for some reason didn't
"refresh" NSSegmentedControl Rounded style to match the new appearance of
NSTabView controls on Lion.
I guess that's intentional. The 'Capsule' style does look like the NSTabView
controls.
I checked boh IB 3.2.6 and Xcode 4 again, and the Capsule looks almost identical to Textured Rounded, and it's also transparent. Is it really different on your setup?

And please bring back the colorful  Finder sidebar
Thats most definitely intentional. They said so in one of the sessions at WWDC,
IIRC. It's meant to make the actual content stand out more.
Oh yeah, I know it's intentional! The only thing they achieved is making the sidebar much harder to use,in my opinion. The icons are almost indistinguishable, so instead of quickly recognizing the desired item by its custom color icon, users now must read all the labels. I have all my projects in the sidebar, with unique custom icon for each project. Plus dividers with no icon (just a transparent mask). In Lion it all became just a long list of names and useless dull icons.

What's next? Black-and-white Finder with no custom icons to "make content stand out"? The whole idea sounds as un-Mac as it can be to me.

Well I guess I take it really seriously. :) But the custom icons help find stuff really fast and effortlessly, which is important. And vice versa.

It's icons that "make content stand out"... that's why they were invented.

Also, when I was looking for a solution to bring back the normal sidebar, I happened to come across several discussions on the subject - and it looks like the majority of users are really upset about the new sidebar. Plus, there's no way for 3rd party developers to alter its appearance.

Well, hope someone from Apple reads it as well. :)

Leo