I think the NSURL methods are actually the “preferred” way to do it these days
on the Mac, since the NSFileManager method takes paths, and URLs are clearly
the direction that Apple is moving.

In addition to NSURLFileSizeKey and NSURLFileAllocatedSizeKey, which will give
you the logical and physical sizes of the data fork, NSURL also provides
NSURLTotalFileSizeKey and NSURLTotalFileAllocatedSizeKey, which will include
the size of the resource fork and any other extended attributes the file may
have.

Charles