Long ago, I found that NSBrowser column titles disappear when the user manually
scrolls the browser horizontally, or clicks a cell that forces the browser to
scroll horizontally to show the children of the new selection in the next
column. Manually resizing the window or any column causes them to reappear
immediately. (This is with the browser set so that each column takes its title
from the previous column's selection, and the user is allowed to resize
columns.) This seems like it must be a bug in NSBrowser.

For many years, I cured the problem by implementing the -browserDidScroll:
delegate method and calling -setNeedsDisplayInRect: on the title frame of the
last column.

That fix no longer works in Lion, and I can't find any other way to fix it.

Do others see this problem? How do you fix it?

--

Bill Cheeseman - b...@cheeseman.name