Am 05.08.2011 um 22:01 schrieb R R Hornback:

I just found this message while searching for a solution to the same problem.

> With OS X Lion, even when the window background is transparent, the window
> still receives the mouse events.
>
> I have determined that this is related to whether or not the Window is
> resizable.  If the window is resizable, the mouse events are handled by the
> Window.  If it is NOT resizable, the events in the transparent areas are NOT
> handled by the window.

Are you sure? For me the window always receives the mouse event, even if I use
NSBorderlessWindowMask and nothing else. This is on 10.7.1.

Have you already filed a bug?

Andreas

P.S.:  Since the original message is several weeks old, I'll quote it in full
for reference: