On Sep 9, 2011, at 9:10 AM, Andreas Grosam wrote:

> One other thing is, using Instruments makes the scenario worse. When
> Instruments is connected, the app crashes much sooner due to memory problems.
> So, I support my observations on logs, too.

That sounds suspicious. You may have memory errors in your code that become
worse when run under Instruments. If some of those are leaks, it could explain
the excessive memory use you see.
In particular, make sure you’ve got “malloc scribble” turned on (in Xcode 4
it’s a checkbox in the Run tab of the scheme editor) and run the static
analyzer to see if it can find errors.

—Jens