On Sep 19, 2011, at 6:00 PM, R wrote:

> I find that in order for my NSTableView to update when bound to an
> NSArrayController, I have to add objects to the array vis the
> NSArrayController.  This works great if the window, tableview, and
> arraycontroller are all part of the same class.
>
> Question:
>
> Can I have a tableView in one class, bound to an arraycontroller in a
> different class.  I would prefer to keep my arraycontroller in the
> same class as my array, but have need to put a tableview on views
> associated with another class.

You will need to sort out your nomenclature--all of the objects you refer to
are different classes, and you are probably not using a "contains" model, so
none of ther objects in quesiton are likely "contained". Do you mean
"reference"? Or "nib file"? Certainly, what you are attempting works best when
all objects are in the same nib, but there is nothing inherent in any of them
that they would need to have references from the same class. In any case,
bindings take care of themselves and shouldn't need any trigger to work, which
is a red flag that your existing approach is broken. We will need more
information using proper language to even understand the question...

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.