Hi all.

When our app gets a notification that it's going into the background, it clears
the tableview that serves as its primary UI element.  However, when the app
returns to the foreground, it still briefly contains the items that were
supposedly cleared.  They remain there for a second after the app resumes, then
disappear.  This creates an unpolished and jarring UI.

My guess is that iOS stops drawing the UI as soon as the app starts whizzing
away into the background, and likewise doesn't resume drawing it immediately
after it returns.  Does anyone know if that's true?  I'm wondering how to
prevent this spastic-looking UI.

Thanks for any insight.