I wonder about the functionality of the NSTextView method -orderFrontTableView: but couldn't find answers for my following questions in the documentation or googling.

The documentation only says: "Brings forward a panel allowing the user to manipulate text tables in the text view.", but it also immediately inserts a default table in the currently selected text view, if any.

a) Is this (inserting a table) just an undocumented feature or can this be controlled somehow?

Other methods like -orderFrontFontView: or -orderFrontColorView: have a different behavior, because they only bring forward their relevant panel. And they toggle the relevant menu item string (e.g. from "Show Colors" to "Hide Colors", like used in TextEdit).

b) Is there any chance to get the same behavior for -orderFrontablePanel:, so it would also toggle its menu item string and let the panel hide again, when the user choses the menu item again?

Thanks for any hints!

---UlfDunkel