Hi,

I'm creating a GUI system for AU/VST plugins. The host creates the view and
the rest is based of modal windows, so I'm using NSApp runModalForWindow for
that. But there are a few problems:

1) NSApp runModalForWindow does not activate the window. Right now I'm
testing it as an application not plugin, but otherwise it is same. When
runModalForWindow is called, it works, but the window is initially hidden
and XCode's debugger is over it. Then I can use F3 and click the window to
show it.

2) Similarly when I use runModalForWindow for the second time, hence one
modal window above another one, it is initially hidden.

3) When I use runModalForWindow inside another modal loop, it often crashes
with some weird exception from the release pool. Btw. it seems more often
when I use abortModal then stopModal, but since I'd rather use abortModal as
I'm not sure the window will be closed from the main thread.

Thanks you,
Vojtech
<http://www.meldaproduction.com>