On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 8:30 AM, Jerry Krinock <je...@ieee.org> wrote:

> On 2011 Sep 29, at 07:42, Nick wrote:
>
>> but this does not let (as i understand) attach the event to the particular
>> window-document, it
>> is application wide.  How can I receive such an event in an NSDocument's
>> subclass?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "attach the event", Nick, but the Mac has only
> one keyboard and therefore any determination of what modifier keys are down
> is going to be application-wide.

Actually not so, as I discovered yesterday. I have two keyboards
attached to my Mac. Holding Cmd on one and pressing "A" on the other
does *not* result in a Cmd-A being sent to the app. Modifier keys are
attached to the keyboard they came from. In my scenario, you get a
"flagsChanged" event for the Cmd key and a regular keyDown event for
the A key.

--Kyle Sluder