On 30/09/2011, at 09:43, cocoa-dev-requ...@lists.apple.com wrote:
> From: Matt Gough <devlists...@gmail.com>
> Date: 30 de setembro de 2011 05:21:06 BRT
>
> Firstly there is no official way to do this, all the solutions you see in the
> wild are hacks of one sort or another.
>
> Having said that, I had to implement what you are asking for (overlays on
> icons) and did it via SIMBL. Unfortunately I can't share code or say too much
> about what what is needed, but it would certainly help if you understood
> method swizzling and found a way to dump all the Obj_c classes that the
> Finder uses internally.
>
> On 29 Sep 2011, at 20:39, Damon Allison wrote:
>> I am researching options for integrating with Finder. In particular, I would
>> like my application to provide file and directory icon overlays similar to
>> how Dropbox.app overlays green and blue images on top of file and folder
>> images.

I've never used Dropbox, but - on the offhand chance that you want overlays
only on certain icons, not generic ones - you can add overlays by adding a
'badg' resource to the file's resource fork (or to the hidden .icon\r file
inside the folder).

Check out:
http://developer.apple.com/legacy/mac/library/documentation/Carbon/Conceptual/Icon_Service_nd_Utilities/IconServUtili.pdf
and