Hello!
I have a task to write a simple vector graphics editor, which has a window,
a sheet (which can be bigger than the window), and some objects (triangles,
rectangles) to be placed on this sheet (and then, edited, e.g. rotated,
stretched) by their borders.

I am a beginner in this kind of programs (usually I ended up with placing
few buttons/standard Cocoa controls and implemented rather low level logic
of the application). I need an advice how would experienced developers
implement this basic functionality.

Is it correct to implement all the objects as views, that are the subviews
of the "sheet view"? But since this sheet can be bigger than the window, I
will need some kind of scrolling support.. And I need to have the objects to
be editable by their edges.. Not sure how to do it.

What I mean is to what extent can I use Cocoa primitives for these objects
and the sheet itself? And what I will have to implement "by hand"?

Could you please give me a basic idea of how such kind of editors are
usually implemented? If there are some simple opensource programs, I'd be
thankful for their names.
Thank you!