On Oct 5, 2011, at 1:15 PM, Trygve Inda wrote:

> One of our apps (distributed via our website) is not signed. It seems that
> Parental Controls signs our app behind our back to do what it does.
>
> This obviously alters our app and breaks some integrity checks.
>
> A Tech Note says that simply signing it will fix this.
>
> Can we just sign it the same way we do the version built for the App Store,
> using the same digital signature?

Passing an App Store certificate as an argument to the codesign tool seems to
work over here.

Perhaps an Apple employee will chime in as to whether or not this is something
endorsed by Apple, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t be, as the purpose of code
signing is to prove that the app came from you and not an imposter, and this
obviously works better if the cert comes from an official source (like Apple).