Hello group,

I have a large
NSMutableData, which I divide into some logical structure elements creating
new NSMutableData instances, which are supposed to hold a subset
of bytes the large instance holds. Yet I want all the manipulations
done on the bytes of the "small" instances to be reflected in the
"large" one. I tried creating the "small" instances using

dataWithBytesNoCopy:length:freeWhenDone:

but it doesn't seem to work as expected - mutableBytes of the newly
created instance point elsewhere than the original mutableBytes.

What am I doing wrong? Shouldn't the instance created using
dataWithBytesNoCopy:length:freeWhenDone simply hold the same bytes as
the originally provided ones?

Hoping for some help. Thanks in advance.