On Oct 11, 2011, at 1:12 PM, Todd Heberlein wrote:

> I was looking at the rich information provided by diskutil:
>
>       $ diskutil info -plist /Volumes/blah
>
> NSWorkspace has some of this information, but I was wondering if there is a
> Cocoa object that provides more of the information provided by diskutil.
>
> If not, does anyone know how is diskutil getting this information? For
> example getfsstat(), statfs(), ...?  I'm having troubles finding the
> equivalent of "BusProtocol" and "Internal" values in these structures.

Look at the Disk Arbitration framework and the DADiskCopyDescription()
function.  One of the keys in the description dictionary is
kDADiskDescriptionDeviceProtocolKey ("DADeviceProtocol").  Another is
kDADiskDescriptionDeviceInternalKey ("DADeviceInternal").

I just mentioned Apple's FSMegaInfo sample in another thread.  It can show you
the output of DADiskCopyDescription().
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#samplecode/FSMegaInfo/Introduction/Intro.html

Cheers,
Ken