On Oct 12, 2011, at 1:12 AM, Oleg Krupnov wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 5:51 AM, Ken Thomases <k...@codeweavers.com> wrote:
>
>> On Oct 11, 2011, at 6:42 AM, Oleg Krupnov wrote:
>>
>>> I'd like to get the mount options of a particular volume (like "rw",
>>> "nobrowse", "automounted" etc.) of a mounted volume, like those I get
>>> when I run "mount" command in the Terminal.
>>
>> There are many ways to get volume information.  For the mount flags, you can
>> look at statfs().
>>
>> It can also be instructive to look at the documentation for the
>> getattrlist() function.  It is basically the swiss army knife of file system
>> APIs.  It's what most of the others are based on.
>>
>> Apple's FSMegaInfo sample is a good tool for exploring the various APIs for
>> querying file system data, although it's getting a bit long in the tooth
>> now, and is missing some of the newer APIs.
>> https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#samplecode/FSMegaInfo/Introduction/Intro.html
>

> Bingo! The f_flags field of statfs structure. Thanks, Ken.

You're welcome.  I'm glad I could help, although I see that Greg Guerin beat me
to it.

> I've also checked FSMegaInfo, but I haven't found any additional ways
> to check the mount flags. It seems to use the same BSD statfs way.

Well, it can exercise getattrlist(), at least.

Also, my point was that some of the information one might be interested in from
the mount flags could be available in different forms from the other APIs.  It
depends on what you're actually looking for.  And FSMegaInfo is a very
convenient tool for see exactly what those other APIs can provide.

Regards,
Ken