On Oct 13, 2011, at 2:20 PM, Richard Somers wrote:

> Consider a NSArrayController in entity mode. When a managed object is
> inserted into the managed object context the controller's arrangedObjects
> property is not updated immediately.

How is this happening? Via code? or Via the NSArrayController (add: or
insert:)? In the latter case the docs say, "Beginning with Mac OS X v10.4 the
result of this method is deferred until the next iteration of the runloop so
that the error presentation mechanism can provide feedback as a sheet."

> Calling a controller 'fetch:' immediately after inserting the managed object
> into the managed object context does not help. The controller's
> arrangedObjects property is still not updated.
>
> Perhaps there is a KVO change notification delay between the time when the
> managed object is inserted into the managed object context and the time when
> the controller finds out about the change.

Not in my experience (except as noted above).

> Does anyone have any insight into what is going or how to force the
> NSArrayController's arrangedObjects property to update?

If the action has been deferred as described above, you are mostly out of luck.
You could chance manually turning the runloop but it is fragile and generally
recommended against.

Best,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.