I have a nib based toolbar in a window.
I have set the customise toolbar flag to YES (in IB and programmatically).
I have set the View menu items 'Customise Toolbar...' and 'Hide/Show Toolbar' to the first responder as directed in the documentation. I have implemented the delegate protocols -toolbarAllowedItemIdentifiers: & -toolbarDefaultItemIdentifiers: .
I have set the delegate of the toolbar.

The 'Customise Toolbar...' and the Hide/Show menu items are both disabled.
And all the menu items in the toolbar's contextual menu (except for Remove Item) are disabed.

The toolbar shows up in the window and all the toolbar items work as expected.

How do I get the menu items enabled? What am I missing?

Mark