On 10/18/2011 1:00 PM, Jerry Krinock wrote:
I've registered a handler for global hot keys with the Carbon Event
Manager, using InstallEventHandler().  However, I'd like the user to
be able to specify *two* different global hot key functions.  Thus,
in my callback/handler, I need the key code and modifier flags of the
event, to determine which function they want.

The only documented parameter in the kEventClassKeyboard / kEventHotKeyPressed Carbon Event is

  kEventParamDirectObject (in, typeEventHotKeyID)
        The ID of the hot key that was pressed.

That's the ID that was passed to RegisterEventHotKey. That's what you should use to distinguish different hot keys.
--
  James W. Walker, Innoventive Software LLC
  <http://www.frameforge3d.com/>