I discovered that I cannot use the AVAudioPlayer methods for playing a streamed
audio file because this class only supports embedded audio (file:// links).
OK, so I use the UIViewController method:

- presentMoviePlayerViewControllerAnimated:myMPMoviePlayerController

That works well, except that I have the lyrics showing in my UIView and this
method totally hides the lyrics and shows the usual ((Q)) Quicktime logo and
the Done button.

So, instead I call:

[moviePlayerController_ setControlStyle:MPMovieControlStyleNone];

and the lyrics continue to show, with the audio playing in the background as I
want, but then I lose total control of audio playback.

How do I show the lyrics and retain audio playback control?

The docs state that if I used:

[moviePlayerController_ setControlStyle:MPMovieControlStyleEmbedded];

that the controls for an embedded view are displayed ... but they are not.

Do I mess with myMoviePlayerController.view.frame .. for the macOS, this would
translate to a floating window, but for iOS I would like:

------------------------------
|                                    |
|                                    |
|                                    |