Dear list,

I have an IKImageBrowserView based app which retrieves thumbnails from web
service, which is much like iPhoto app. I want to support progress
indicator animation in the placeholder layer of the IKImageBrowserCell.

Depends on the network speed, there will take a long time to download the
thumbnails, so I want to add a spinning progress indicator on each cell to
tell customers which thumbnail is being downloaded. After customer double
click one cell, the original image file also will be retrieved from web
service, there also has a requirement to draw a spinning progress indicator
animation on the cell to tell the customer the wanted one is being
downloaded.

My question is how to add a spinning progress indicator animation on the
placeholder layer? I have some basic knowledge using the core animation,
but no idea to address this kind of issue. Can anyone give me any
guidelines to push me on a right direction?

Best wishes,

XiaoGang