On Oct 31, 2011, at 2:42 PM, G S wrote:

> I downloaded a set of icons.  If I select all the PNGs in Finder,
> right-click, and say Open, I get this asinine warning and then two
> Preview windows open: one with maybe eight files in it, another with
> one file in it, and the remaining 119 files are simply not opened at
> all.

Are you sure they’re all really PNG files? It sounds like they’re not, if
Preview isn’t opening them. This warning should only show up for files with
content that’s executable in some sense. Quarantining isn’t asinine and this
kind of scenario is one of the reasons for it — you download something that
appears to be innocuous but isn’t.