I'm trying to create a language binding into the Cocoa environment. And my
current problem is how to be able to determine when NSUserDefaults values have
changed. I've read through all of these a couple of times:

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Cocoa/Reference/Foundation/Classes/NSUserDefaults_Class/Reference/Reference.html

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Cocoa/Reference/Foundation/Protocols/NSKeyValueObserving_Protocol/Reference/Reference.html

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3166563/how-to-receive-nsuserdefaultsdidchangenotification-iphone
8:37 AM
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1141388/cocoa-notification-on-nsuserdefaults-value-change

But I am unable to get a simple cocoa program that does this. I don't care if
it's done with key-value stuff, or not, I just want to know when a user changes
a value found in the NSGlobalDomain. In particular at the moment, the result I
read with the command line expression

defaults read NSGlobalDomain AppleShowScrollBars

If anyone can tell me succinctly, what message I send to what, to get
notification set up to be notified when that setting changes, I would be very
very grateful. I've beat my head against this for a couple of days :(

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist