Hi all,

This is probably a very basic question, but I am out of ideas and hoping
someone can offer some help. I should say that I'm afraid I'm somewhat out of
my depth with ObjectControllers: I added some seemingly simple bindings at the
recommendation of a poster on here, and I thought I understood what it was
doing, but the fact that I am now having retain issues suggests otherwise!

I have a window and window controller which in the absence of an object
controller work fine, and both are deallocated when the window is closed. If I
add an ObjectController to the NIB and bind its "Content Object" to "File's
Owner.self" then the window no longer closes properly. The window disappears
from the screen but the controller is not released as it should be. I get a
windowWillClose notification, but the one [self autorelease] that I do from
there is not enough to release the window. The controller appears to be still
retained by the ObjectController. In the actual NIB there are various GUI
elements bound to the object controller, but I have removed all those bindings,
just leaving the single binding from the OC to "File's Owner.self" and I still
have this problem of non-deallocation. If I remove that final binding, so the
object controller is completely isolated, the window controller releases as one
would expect (though I suspect the object controller may be leaked).

Is there something important that I should be doing here? Should I somehow be
releasing the object controller, or indicating to it that it is no longer
required? I realise that the information I've given here may be incomplete,
because I don't even know what factors may be important in understanding the
problem! Any advice would be very welcome though, as I am completely out of
ideas...

Regards,