>From
>http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/uikit/reference/UITapGestureRecognizer_Class/Reference/Reference.html
> :

> Although taps are discrete gestures, they are discrete for each state of the
> gesture recognizer; thus the associated action message is sent when the
> gesture begins and is sent for each intermediate state until (and including)
> the ending state of the gesture. Code that handles tap gestures should
> therefore test for the state of the gesture, for example:
>
> - (void)handleTap:(UITapGestureRecognizer *)sender {     if (sender.state ==
> UIGestureRecognizerStateEnded)     {         // handling code     } }

This suggests that if I set numberOfTapsRequired = 2, I should be able to get
action for both a single tap (i.e. the first of a pair of taps), as well a
double-tap.  However, in iOS 5 this does not appear to be the case; my action
method is not called until the numberOfTapsRequired has been satisfied.

In order to respond to both a single and double tap, do I thus need to attach
two gesture recognizers?

Do I mis-understand the doc, or has behaviour changed since it was written?

cheers,

-b

--
Ben Kennedy, chief magician