I have a URL scheme handler for my app so I can invoke from other
apps, etc. With my particular project, we put out daily beta builds so
our advanced users frequently have multiple versions of our app on
their disk.

I am trying to understand how Mac (I'm running Lion) decides which
version to launch. I am puzzled because it doesn't go to the oldest,
it doesn't go to the newest, and it doesn't go to the last recently
used. (If it is already open, it always goes to the open one which is
the only thing I've figured out.)

Our CFBundleVersion is pretty simple. We just have Year.BuildNumber,
e.g. 2011.670

Can somebody explain what the process is? And is there a way either
end users can control which one gets invoked (without deleting all the
other versions) or a way I can at least bias the process so it opens
either the most recent version or perhaps my designated blessed stable
version?

Thanks,
Eric

--