On Nov 15, 2011, at 8:46 AM, Fritz Anderson <fri...@manoverboard.org> wrote:

> On 11 Nov 2011, at 11:23 AM, Fritz Anderson wrote:
>
>> On 11 Nov 2011, at 11:00 AM, Fritz Anderson wrote:
>>
>>> My application writes an XML document that includes styled text in the form
>>> of HTML. At the user end is an NSTextView; I use an in-memory Core Data
>>> store for working storage. The text view is bound to the backing
>>> NSManagedObject through an NSArrayController.

Don't do this. Bindings really don't understad mutable value types like
NSTextStorage. This is going to call -setFoo: on your managed object, which
will fire KVO, which will call -setString: on your NSTextView, which will reset
the cursor position.

Instead, treat the NSTextStorage as your in-memory model and only push to HTML
as late as possible (probably during save).