On Nov 17, 2011, at 7:51 AM, Luca Ciciriello wrote:

> but if i analyze the phrase: "I am a man" I got the result:
>
> I --> otherword
> am --> otherword
> a --> otherword
> man --> otherword.
>
> I've initialized the NSLinguisticTagger class as follow:
>
> NSArray *tagScheme = [NSArray
> arrayWithObjects:NSLinguisticTagSchemeLexicalClass,
>
> NSLinguisticTagSchemeNameType,
>
> NSLinguisticTagSchemeLanguage, nil];
>         tagger = [[NSLinguisticTagger alloc] initWithTagSchemes:tagScheme
>

> So where is my mistake? Why I get an error if I try to analyze a simple
> phrase like "I am a man"?
> The behavior is the same on the device (iOS 5.0.1) and on the simulator. I'm
> using MaOS X 10.7.2 with Xcode 4.2.

Those are the results you will get if you don't specify the language of the
text, and the system concludes that there is insufficient text to confidently
identify the language.  If there were additional text in the string you passed
in, it would be used to help identify the language.  Alternatively, if you know
the language of the text, you can specify it using setOrthography:range:.  That
was shown in the final example in the WWDC presentation, in the following form:

    [tagger setOrthography:[NSOrthography orthographyWithDominantScript:@"Latn"
languageMap:[NSDictionary dictionaryWithObject:[NSArray arrayWithObject:@"en"]
forKey:@"Latn"]] range:NSMakeRange(0, length)];

which specifies that the text is to be treated as being entirely in English.

Douglas Davidson