I'm hoping someone can remember back to 10.5 days…

I am using CGContextDrawTiledImage, and it works absolutely fine on 10.6 and
10.7, but sometimes crashes on 10.5.

If anyone else has seen this, and worked out what is going on, I'd love to hear.

I can resize the image that I am using to tile with just fine (I had to make
sure that I was always using integral rects and sizes for this to work on
10.5), but when I resize my view (changing the frame and bounds for a zoom
operation), CGContextDrawTiledImage causes a crash. I have tried everything I
can think of to fix this, ensuring that everything is integral etc, but to no
avail.

If there is no way around this, is there an equivalent method that I can use in
Cocoa? Using a color pattern image would seem to get me most of the way there,
but I haven't been able to figure out how to get the pattern phase setting
right to be able to emulate what CGContextDrawTiledImage does.

TIA

Gideon