Hi,

reading through the spotlight docu I am not sure where to start or if the
following is possible. I am trying to find out if a spotlight importer can be
used to query external data sources. I know the advantage of spotlight is meant
to pre-catalog files in order to quickly return results. But in other cases
where there is data not permanently available I am looking for a way to only
hook into the user entering something into spotlight to additionally forward
the query to another process or even other server or machine. Is this possible?

Thank you
Alex