I have also been getting this logged and can add more information, though no
solution.

The actual sandbox message is as follows:
sandboxd: ([pid]) MyApp(28087) deny file-issue-extension /path/to/myapp.app

It occurs when I begin a drag of my own app bundle from a view within my app.
i.e., drag from this view and my apps bundle is given as the dragged file path.

Is your app doing something similar?

- Ben