On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 21:13:07 +0800, Roland King <r...@rols.org> said:
>You used to get a handy message logged to the console when an object with KVO
>registered on it was deallocated, but not in either of these two cases (and I
>can quite clearly demonstrate that the object was dealloc'ed with dangling
>KVO). Has that message been removed

No, I can easily generate it - all you have to do is register for KVO and let
the object vanish at the end of the scope (which, under ARC, it will if it
wasn't assigned to an ivar):

"An instance 0x6805020 of class MyClass1 was deallocated while key value
observers were still registered with it. Observation info was leaked, and may
even become mistakenly attached to some other object. Set a breakpoint on
NSKVODeallocateBreak to stop here in the debugger. Here's the current
observation info:"

So presumably something else is going on here; perhaps you haven't quite gotten
to the root of your problem yet. m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, <http://www.apeth.net/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!