Hello all and merry christmas,

I have a text editor program that I wrote and on the whole it works very
well, but I've struggled on and off with a recurring annoying issues. Lines
are drawn across the NSTextView below where I am writing. Sometimes the
text also appears "doubled"; it looks darker and slightly larger.

http://www.cantgetnosleep.com/glitch_lines.png

This problem only seems to happen when I am in the paginated view, so it's
likely some issue in my pagination algorithm. I'm guessing it's a matter of
either calling or not calling one of the various display-refresh-related
methods but I'm not sure.

Some more background: the text system allows the user to view multiple
NSTextStorage-NSTextContainer-NSTextView systems in a single master view by
laying them out on the screen in pages. So that on a single screen you will
have a heirarchy like:

                 NSTextView > NSTextContainer
                 NSTextView > NSTextContainer > NSTextStorage
                 NSTextView > NSTextContainer

NSView ->  NSTextView > NSTextContainer
                 NSTextView > NSTextContainer > NSTextStorage

                NSTextView > NSTextContainer
                NSTextView > NSTextContainer > NSTextStorage
                NSTextView > NSTextContainer
                NSTextView > NSTextContainer
                NSTextView > NSTextContainer

The list of visible NSTextViews needed can get quite large, so as an
optimization the pagination algorithm starts at the currently being edited
NSTextStorage-Container-View and does that in the foreground before laying
out the rest of the system on a separate thread in the background (they are
hidden while being pushed to a separate thread).

The bug/issue typically occurs when I start hitting "return", which causes
the pagination algorithm and layout system to kick in, leaving behind the
lines and bold-looking text. It always clears if I scroll or click the
mouse over it or highlight that area.

Many thanks! Hopefully somebody can help me figure this out.

Andrew