Hi,

this might be totally trivial, but all suggestions I found in the docu and on
the web failed. I don't want my detail view to show any kind of back button. So
from the documentation I came up with the following possibilities:

1. set leftItemsSupplementBackButton to NO
2. set leftBarButtonItem to nil
3. set leftBarButtonItems to nil

The button remains though.

            self.detailViewController = [[BVZDetailViewController alloc]
initWithNibName:@"BVZDetailViewController" bundle:nil];

self.detailViewController.navigationItem.leftItemsSupplementBackButton = NO;
            self.detailViewController.navigationItem.leftBarButtonItem = nil;
            self.detailViewController.navigationItem.title = @"bla";

The title bla is displayed. So it's not clear where it is changed and where
this button is added or rather where I should remove it after it is added by
default.

I tried the code above --just slightly changed to self.navigationItem--

- in the controller where the detail view is created
- in initWithNib
- in viewDidLoad

Nothing changes except for the title.

Please, can someone help?