On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 7:26 PM, Donald Ness <donald.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To recap, I released a document-based application with this:
>
> Document Types:
> 1.) Name: "My Document", Extension: "myext", Identifier: ""
>
> Exported UTIs: (none)
> Imported UTIs: (none)
>
> And now I have this:
>
> Document Types:
> 1.) Name: "My Document", Extension: "myext", Identifier: "com.mycompany.myext"
> 2.) Name: "My XML Document", Extension: "xml", Identifier: "public.xml"
>
> Exported UTIs: "com.mycompany.myext"
> Imported UTIs: "public.xml"

You should really post your exact plists here. It is important to be
precise about which plist keys we're talking about.

> However, I my main document type is grayed out in the open dialog now. I'm at
> a loss as to how file types are associated with applications, and how to fix
> this issue.
>
> I really want to clean this up, so what's the best way to do so?

You should start by removing the CFBundleTypeExtensions keys, assuming
that's what "Extension" means here. The UTI declaration is responsible
for declaring the extensions.

--Kyle Sluder