On Jan 30, 2012, at 6:27 PM, Jens Alfke wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2012, at 1:34 PM, Richard Somers wrote:
>
>> Why does Core Data change entity names to upper case and attribute names to
>> lower case in the XML store?
>
> I don’t know; but the format of that XML is supposed to be private to
> CoreData, not something your app should try to read or write. (Same goes for
> the schema of the SQLite databases CoreData creates.)

True.

But the documentation states "It is common, for example, to use the XML store
early in a project life-cycle, since it is fairly human-readable and you can
inspect a file to determine whether or not it contains the data you expect."

Upon inspecting the XML store I was surprised to find that the entity and
attribute names had been altered and so I was curious if there was a reason for
doing this.

--Richard