On 03.02.2012, at 00:24, Greg Parker wrote:

> On Feb 2, 2012, at 2:51 PM, Georg Seifert <georg.seif...@gmx.de> wrote:
>> I try to convert my app to use xCode 4.2 and ARC. My app uses several custom
>> frameworks and plugins. I used the migration tool to enable ARC for all of
>> them.
>>
>> As I still want to support Snow Leopard, I set the SDKROOT to 10.7 and the
>> Deployment Target to 10.6. But if I do that, on the startup of the app, I
>> get this in the console:
>>
>> objc[9438]: Class __ARCLite__ is implemented in both [..]framework1 and
>> [..]framework2. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined. //
>> removed the paths to frameworks...
>> objc[9438]: Class __ARCLite__ is implemented in both [..]framework1 and
>> [..]framework3. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
>> objc[9438]: Class __ARCLite__ is implemented in both [..]framework1 and
>> [..]framework4. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
>>
>> In the beginning I had only a few but now after converting all of my bundles
>> (around 20) I have 10 lines of those. The ARCLite stuff seems to be the
>> implementation to get ARC to work on Snow Leopard.
>
> That's right. The warning is annoying but otherwise harmless. The machinery
> that makes ARC code work on older deployment targets was designed for apps,
> and doesn't work well in frameworks. A future developer tools release should
> fix this.

This is quite a lot text and would flood the log files of my users. Is there
any way to silence this?

>> That should not be a problem. BUT I also get this:
>>
>> 2012-02-02 23:35:54.057 Glyphs[9438:1803] *** NSInvocation: warning: object
>> 0x1006db648 of class '__ARCLite__' does not implement
>> methodSignatureForSelector: -- trouble ahead
>> 2012-02-02 23:35:54.057 Glyphs[9438:1803] *** NSInvocation: warning: object
>> 0x1006db648 of class '__ARCLite__' does not implement
>> doesNotRecognizeSelector: -- abort
>>
>> And this just crashes the app. Does anyone has a clue what is going on here?
>> google is not very helpful.
>
> That's bad. What is the backtrace?

I had another look (and fixed the symbolic breakpoints that were lost) and it
crashes when calling :

        currBundle = [NSBundle bundleWithPath:currPath];
        currPrincipalClass = [currBundle principalClass];

The bundle (one of my plugins) links agains Cocoa.framework in the 10.7 SDK and
has ARC enabled.

Thanks
Georg