I am perplexed.

I have two windows. A is the source, B is the destination. A context menu
action in A sets a string value on a message. The message arrives in window B,
in a view which sets the stringValue of an NSTextField. I then read the
stringValue back and echo it via NSLog() to ensure it arrived. All well and
good.  However, for some reason the NSTextField does not display the new value.

Urk?!

- (IBAction) setActionSelectorString:(NSString*)nodeSelector {
        NSLog(@"%s- [%04d] %@", __PRETTY_FUNCTION__, __LINE__, nodeSelector);
        if( nodeSelector != nil ) {
                [[[self view] window] makeMainWindow];
                [actionSelector setStringValue: nodeSelector];
                [[self view] setNeedsDisplay:YES];
                NSLog(@"%s- [%04d] %@", __PRETTY_FUNCTION__, __LINE__,
[actionSelector stringValue]);

Both NSLog stmts return the expected value.
What have I done wrong/not done ?

- Erik