On Feb 5, 2012, at 5:18 AM, stevens wrote:

> Hi,
>       I'm a newbie to lists.apple.com.I want to search some keywords in
> http://search.lists.apple.com.After I have entered "unknown type name
> virtual" in "Search for" field, "cocoa-dev" in "Listname matches" field,and
> clicked "Search!" button,I got an error message "Inverted word index not
> found. Probably you forgot to run 'indexer -Eblob'.".Anyone can tell me how
> to "indexer -Eblob"?Thanks in advance.
>               stevens

This seems to be an error in the forum software. Nothing you can do about it -
except sending a bug report at
<https://bugreport.apple.com>

Your question seems related to C++. I suspect, you created an Objective-C
project and included C++ code into Objective-C.

If you want to mix C++ code with Objective-C - which is possible - you need to
make sure you compile with the Objective-C++ compiler. As a quick fix for your
(assumed) issue, try to change the extension of the Objective-C files from "m"
to "mm", e.g.  foo.m  -> foo.mm. This automatically invokes the Objective-C++
compiler.

There are a few rules and a few quirks regarding the language and regarding the
Xcode tools you need to know about when mixing C++ with Objective-C. If you
have questions I would suggest to ask or search on the Xcode list or other
forums (e.g. stack overflow). Unfortunately, the current documentation of
Objective-C language has temporarily cut out the Objective-C++ sections, so you
won't find much about it in Apple's documentation.

Andreas