I'm looking for a design review here.

I've got an app that has a login step at the beginning.  Until the user has
logged on, it's inappropriate to display the documents that were open when the
last user quit.  Lion's 'restore windows' feature happens while my login dialog
is still open.  I've looked at the slides for the WWDC 2011 session "Resume and
Automatic Termination in Lion" and they don't address the concept of an app
with a startup gateway like a login dialog.

Through experimentation, I found that 'resume' is happening through calls to
-[MyDocController openDocumentWithContentsOfURL:display:error].  I plan to put
a check for login there.  If the user hasn't logged in, I'll save the URLs,
return NULL, and process them later.  When I process them, I can also filter
out URLs that 'belong' to someone other than the current logged in user.

Is there a better way?