Hi,

I searched the mailing-list but didn't find an answer….so sorry if this was
posted before:

I've setup a document based application which can read large ASCII data files
(>150MB).

When opening the document the method readFromURL:ofType:error is used which
then opens a small feedback window
showing the file name and an animated  progress bar with a "Cancel" NSButton.

Simple question: How do I cancel the document when it is loading the data
(sometimes it can take 10 seconds or more to load the data) if a user clicks
the Cancel button  ?
Should I create an IBAction which generates an NSError ?
But how does readFromURL:ofType:error get this error message (should I use a
delegate ?)

Any clue is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Gilles