On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 6:16 AM, William Squires <wsqui...@satx.rr.com> wrote: From what I've read, the NSStepper has a bug (though practically, you'll never see it); if one were to click the up or down arrow on the control 2^32 times (assuming it's value is a 4-byte signed int,and is initialized to 0), it would wrap around (or raise an exception for integer overflow).

I don't think so, unless it's a bug introduced in 10.6 or 10.7. NSStepper has the instance methods setMinValue: and setMaxValue:. If one clicks the up or down arrow repeatedly (or holds it down if the stepper is set for Autorepeat) the value does not increase above the max or decrease below the min, although it may be defined to wraparound from the max to the min or vice-versa.

Dale Miller