On Feb 27, 2012, at 4:53 PM, H. Miersch wrote:

> On 27. Feb 2012, at 23:01, H. Miersch wrote:
>
>> hi.
>> my project used to build OK, until today. now xcode keeps throwing errors
>> like this at me:
>>
>>      Unknown type name 'ViewManager'
>>
>> yes, i import ViewManager.h, and no, i didn't change any declarations. is
>> this a bug in Xcode?
>>
>> like i said, until sometime today this used to build ok. what am i doing
>> wrong?
>
> PS. cleaning and re-building the project doesn't help, and neither does
> quitting and re-starting xcode :-(

Are you saying that you have not made any changes whatsoever to the project in
any way, nor did you change the version of Xcode you were using, but you get a
slew of errors when you clean/compile?

Otherwise, in most cases, it is programmer error. Are the error messages you
quote the *only* errors and warnings you are getting? Often, this type of error
is actually cascading from other errors from an included file. I would
eliminate all other warnings/errors first. It would also help to see the
contents of both the ViewManager.h and one of the .m files that imports it and
reports the error.

Best,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.