On 29 Feb 2012, at 11:14 AM, Andrea3000 wrote:

> I've used Instruments and the only relevant thing that I've noticed is that
> when the window is opaque and I resize it like a mad,  WindowServer process
> jumps to 30% of CPU usage at its max but when the window is transparent and I
> resize it the same way, WindowServer uses over than 65% of CPU.

If you're looking at per-process data, you're not getting the information you
need. You need the Time Profiler instrument, pointed at your application. It's
easy to set this up from Xcode 4: Press opt-cmd-I, select Time Profiler from
the Instrument popup, and click the Profile button. Then exercise your problem.

This is exactly what anyone would do if they downloaded and ran your project,
as you're asking others to do. We're busy. It's your problem. You have the
tools and abilities to investigate it for yourself. Measure what's going on,
and if you still need help, come back and tell the list what you learned. Even
if the CPU is spending all its time in system software, we might still be able
to show you how to work around it.

        — F