On Mar 1, 2012, at 13:23 , Per Bull Holmen wrote:

> OK. I haven't thought of KVO-compliance at the <parameterName> level
> because no values can change at this level. Only the controller's
> parameterInfo property can change, by replacing it. That's what I
> meant by calling the parameterInfo object immutable. No property
> values can change for one instance of PBH_ParameterInfo class. But I
> have seen some suggestions on the web (in response to others with
> similar problems), that I must explicitly set each property to nil in
> a KVO-compliant manner in my dealloc method. I didn't think the
> problem could be at this level, but I might try that.

On thinking more, I can't convince myself that KVO compliance is really the
issue (though it *could* be, for some reason I can't think through right now).

The point is that if every UI item is bound to
controller.parameterInfo.something… then changing the "parameterInfo" property
KVO compliantly, as you do, should be enough to detach the UI items from
observing the old parameterInfo, without worrying what happens further down the
key path. Therefore, it's something else.

You can *try* dealloc voodoo, but I think it's crucial to look at the
observerInfo in the debugger. And, the number of remaining observers may be
more informative than what they are.