Hi Everyone,

I find myself in the situation of having to manipulate and display a few very
large images in an app running on iOS (potentially in the tens of megapixels at
24 bits/pixel), and I am trying to figure out what the correct pattern for
doing so is. I've Googled for solutions, but there seems to be a large amount
of variance in the kinds of answers that I've found, so I wanted to ask for
some advice before heading out on a wild goose chase.

Can anyone share their view or point me in the direction of some good ideas? My
first instinct is to use a memory-mapped file (e.g.: using NSMutableData) to
hold the data while I work on it, but I worry that it will be very slow and
that I'm missing a much simpler solution. All help greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Marco