I have a UISearchBar where in most (not all) cases I want to input numbers.

So I have:

- (void)viewDidLoad
{
        [super viewDidLoad];
        // ...
        self.mySearchBar.keyboardType = UIKeyboardTypeNumbersAndPunctuation;
}

This works with English, German, Chinese keyboards: when I click in the search
bar, the keyboard comes up in number style.

But not with a Thai keyboard: the keyboard appears in letter style, and I have
to tap the "123" button each time.

Bug (mine or Appel's ?) or feature?

Any suggestion for a workaround?

Kind regards,