I have a very simple custom view where I override keyDown: and keyUp:.

I just put an NSTextField on top of my custom view in Interface
Builder (subview of my custom view). When I type in the text field (it
has focus), I noticed that my custom view is picking up all the
keyEvents. I wasn't expecting that and was expecting the text field to
consume all the key events since it is already processing them to add
to the field.

Is there a way to get the text field (and any other widgets that might
do this like NSTextView) to consume the events they process so my
custom view doesn't receive them?

Thanks,
Eric
--