On Mar 13, 2012, at 11:09 PM, Gerriet M. Denkmann wrote:

> Is there a Cocoa method which gives me to any (physical) memory address the
> status - like "used by process a" or: "shared by processes a, b, ..., z" or
> "free”?

Are you really sure you mean “physical” memory address? Physical addresses are
generally only visible to the kernel; processes only see their own mapped
address spaces.

There’s definitely no Objective-C API for this level of stuff — you’re talking
Unix system calls here.

> Or, if this is altogether off-topic for Cocoa: what other list would be more
> appropriate?

The darwin-userlevel list is probably your best bet.
You might also look at a copy of Singh’s “Mac OS X Internals”, which covers a
lot of kernel-level stuff like this.

—Jens